Spinach and Ricotta fatayer
- flour- 200 gms
- baking powder- 2gms
- salt- pinch
- butter- 20 gms
- cold water – just enough to form a semi hard dough.
- olive or other oil- 10-15 ml
- onion – 1/2 medium white onion roughly 50 gm
- garlic- 1-2 cloves, crushed and chopped
- frozen spinach- 100 gms ( subsitute with another green leafy vegetable of your choice if you dont have this./ or use corn kernels
- seasoning- salt and pepper
- ricotta – roughly 2 T can subsitute with feta/ or paneer /cream cheese/
- crumble flour , baking pdr, salt and butter.
- add egg and cold water and combine to make a semi hard dough
- rest for 15-20 minutes till filling is ready.
- For filling, heat oil, add crushed garlic and onion and saute till translucent, then add spinach and cook till dry. turn off heat
- add in ricotta and allow to cool down.
- roll out dough ad cut with a cookie cutter roughly 10 cms ./ if you dont have a cookie cutter, use something round and cut around with a sharp knife. the thickness should be roughly as much as a 1$ coin-3-4 mm thick roughly.
- put some filling in the centre and using the remainder of the egg , seal the edges to form a triangular shape.
- click on link above to see how they are making the shape.
- its easy with some practise. then either you can deep fry these pastries when they are done or bake at medium temp for 15-18 mins(350F/175 C). If baking brush with some butter or olive oil.
- Optional can add pine nuts/ slivered almonds and lemon juice/ sumac to the filling.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink