this delicious pudding is a version of a panacotta, but we gave it a southeast asian twist when we made it and topped it with basil seeds soaked in water. they go a bit funny, and then we used those for garnishing the dessert. the result funky looking and delicious.+vegetarian and gluten free too.
this recipe is designed to be made for a big bunch of people, because u have to use up the whole tin of mango, u could halve it but then use the mango elsewhere so it doesnt go waste
- mango puree/pulp tinned – 1 tin (850) gms
- milk500 ml
- cream 500ml
- sugar 100gm
- gelatine-14 gm soaked in 60 ml room temp water
- coconut cream- 400 ml
- basil seeds- 5 gms
- soak gelatine in water . soak basil seeds separately as well
- heat up mango pulp and reduce to half. take off the heat and add sugar to sweeten.
- heat up milk and cream. when boiled add in gelatine and mix well.
- start too cool down, add coconut cream, when almost room temperature, add in mango pulp mix.
- continue to cool down, mixing every few minutes.
- pour into glass bowlsor wine/ martini glasses, and refrigerate atleast 2 hours to allow it to set nicely.
- the basil seeds will have started to look like fish eggs by now, .spoon a little on top of the pudding before serving.