this kebab, originated somehwere in the ottoman empire, where it would be called lamb kofte or adana kabab . the muslim invaders who came to india from the 15th century onwards brought their cuisine and obviously over the years it got modified, chnaged a bit here and there, became a bit more spicy than what was originally made.
this is a version which i make for home and work and comes out beautifully everytime. this will make enough as a starter for about 4-6 people
- minced lamb- 250 gm
- onion chopped finely- about 1/2 – maybe 75 gm
- chopped coriander- 2 sprigs
- fresh mint- 2 sprigs
- green chillies- 2 or more if you are extra adventurous
- turmeric powder
- garam masala powder- pinch
- cumin whole
- oil- 20 ml
- combine all the ingredients
- cook a small bit in the microwave to check for seasoning
- soak wooden skewers for about 10 minutes in water.
- press about 25-30 gms of the meat in a sausage shape onto the skewers.takes a bit of practise, after a few hundred times will be easier.
- cook on a hot plate, fry pan bbq anything really to the degree that you like.
- serve as an appetizer or larger qtys as a main course.